About Get Creative in Brighton
COME ALONG AND GET CREATIVE! www.getcreativeinbrighton.com
Inspired by my three children's wonderful imaginations and love of dressing up; combining my background in teaching, dancing and acting, and embracing the hive of creativity that is Brighton, three years ago I set up 'Get Creative in Brighton' - a company which offers Creative Workshops in Drama, Dance, Circus, and Arts and Crafts for children aged from 18 months to 11 years.
We offer both Termly and Holiday workshops including: Monday morning 'Drama Tots', Saturday morning Drama Clubs and Drama and Circus Summer Schools where the focus is on self-esteem, confidence, creativity, team-work, achievement and (above all) enjoyment; as well as 'Making' Workshops - an time for children to get messy without parents having to do the clean up!
'Get Creative In Brighton' strives to give an opportunity for children to express themselves, whilst having fun making new friends and to give parents a moment to enjoy the community spirit (plus tea and biscuits!) with the lovely people of Brighton and beyond.
Please see below for an out line of our workshops, clubs, classes (and parties) and REMEMBER: 'Creativity is contagious, pass it on'! (Einstein)
- DRAMA TOTS is an exciting and fun session for 18 months - 5 year olds, and their mums, dads or carers. It takes place every Monday Term-time morning, 9:30 - 11am at Patcham Methodist Hall, the cost working out at £5 a session (£3 siblings) if booked in advance, and refreshments are included. Occasionally 'drop-ins' are available (priced at £6 a session).
Every week 'Mr Pickles the Pirate Parrot Puppet' takes us on different adventures, be it at the circus, on a farm, in space, at a party with Elves and Fairies, under the sea, etc..... The adventures are 'interactive' and full of songs, puppets, story-telling, dancing and dressing up, all of which aid the development of imagination, vocabulary, expression and movement. The session includes some initial free-play, 40 mins. of drama adventures led by me, teas, coffees, juice and biscuits, then 'storytime' and a little more 'themed' free play.
As with all 'Get Creative' Drama sessions, I only take up to 15 children in the group. A small group of the same children meeting on a regular basis works wonders for confidence, trust, the building of skills and the forming of friendships.
- SATURDAY MORNING DRAMA CLUB is for Primary aged children (5 -11 years) Full of dressing up, drama games and fun improvisations. Meeting once a month on a Saturday morning. 9:30am -11am. Cost £5 a session (£3 siblings), followed by CHOREOGRAPHY CLUB where children create fabulous dances to perform to their parents/carers at the end of the session - 'Strictly' dancing-style! Choose to be a scorecard-holding judge, or a dancer, or both! 11am-11:45am (£1).
- 'MAKING' WORKSHOPS are a time for mums, dads and carers to have fun with arts and crafts, creating at least 3 different items (such as masks, puppets, greeting cards) with their children - always with fantastic results! Cost £5 (£4.50 siblings). NEXT ONE: Half Term.
- DRAMA DAYS! All Drama Days take on a theme (such as Superhero, Circus and Halloween) and are for children aged 5 - 11 years. They are a fun packed day of drama games and improvisations, culminating in a mini performance for parents and carers at the end of the session. These take place in school holiday times at Patcham Memorial Hall. Cost £25 a day (£20 siblings).
- DRAMA & DANCE WORKSHOPS / AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS are similar sessions to the DRAMA CLUB . Get Creative In Brighton runs these Workshops in local schools and nurseries.
- STORY TELLING: Themed 'Bring a Book to Life' sessions in shops, cafes and the Open Market, involving puppets, songs and dressing up.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES!: Exciting and imaginative parties for 2 - 8 year olds tailored to your needs, combining party games, drama and craft, under a theme of your child's choice - be it Superheros, Princesses, Winter Wonderland, Pirates, Fairies, 'Strictly' Dancing, Animals, Bugs,...
Get Creative in Brighton is run by Louisa Fitzgerald, a qualified and experienced teacher (Mummy of three) and actress with EQUITY membership.